Well, by now you must all have exercised your right to change the future of whichever part of India you belong to. Yeah, by voting. By exercising the right bestowed upon us by our fathers who declared India as a democratic country. Where each and every one of us gets to decide who will take care of our Motherland. And govern the country the way we would have done, if it was us. Yes, and we can throw out every criminal, anti-social and traitor.
Do I sound sarcastic? I beg your pardon.
I used to be a patriot!
Hey you who live in a fools paradise, proud that India is a democracy. When are you going to realize that India cannot be changed by politics? Why? Because THEY DON’T GIVE A DAMN, And accept it, you can do nothing about it. All you’re going to do is throw out the tyranny of an incumbent. And the very same you is going to get him back in. Albeit after 5 years. You don’t have a choice!
Oh, now we have the Lok Paritrana. Big Deal.
We need to Act, you say. Yes act. Take action.
OK But let me ask you this question.
Does it really make a difference? to us, lets say, a middle class Indian. No it doesn’t Chennai will always have the roads it has, Mr. Narayana Murthy will always have time to read the paper on his way to office as long as he is in Bangalore and my sweet sister will get a holiday every month on account of strike.
Where we need voices are places like the Narmada, where Indians, and I repeat, Indians are rendered homeless. But we don’t care! Those who do are either branded as publicity mongers(as though being known as the best actor or the best writer in the country isn’t enough) , or are put in jail(Hush, The Supreme court can never err)
Yes, we have a responsibility. But that is not to play the dirty game, which doesn’t make any difference to India. We have enough politicians to do that. And more.
.
We must Act. Yes, ACT. Like Shah Rukh Khan.
Lets see, this is a challenge. Put on a new face. The face of India’s youth. And tell yourself, for starts, I will keep my country clean. By fighting. By refusing to accept the vulgar disparities of life, the corruption and the unspeakable violence around us. Because we can make a change. India is waiting. Yes you can make a change. By ACTING. By responding to the needs of a society who is waiting. Not by immersing ourselves in a game no ones going to win.
Don’t let there be the hole tomorrow
I used to be a patriot.
Maybe I still am!
Now this was meant to be a reply to a mail I recieved asking to vote for the new look youth party, Lok Paritrana
No comments:
Post a Comment