16 June, 2006

Proud, Arrogant, Loser, whatever the hell you feel like calling me.

Do I need to be a professional, much less a CA? Well, do I really need to be a white collared professional who gets others to do work that he himself hates? (Id better qualify that. In India, here from seing things, its all about doing somebody else's dirty accounting and auditing when youre still a student and after youve passed that stage, get some other unfortunate student to do yours. Maybe its not that obscene, but my explanation's pretty close. And about hating the work, I know CAs who claim they hate being one. Sadly I dont see them doing anything about it.)
Anyway, back. Must I? Do I really have to have some three lettered word after my name on my visiting card? I can promise you BCom wouldnt find a place there. Im too proud for that. Do I need to have that air conditioned room in my own office where Im boss to be taken seriously in the social circle. God. Do I care?
Well, the answers negative. If my happiness will be dictated by a fear of what society will take me for(and while were at that, a society that doesnt really care!), then somethings seriously wrong. After all its my life. One small life were all trying so hard to prolong as far as possible. Why the heck should I spend my time doing something I detest? Only thing is Im too young to foresee how miserable my future may become if the plan doesnt hit base. Ok its a risk. and a risk Im more than willing to take. So Im a freak, lost in fantasy. but Id rather be that way. And after all, the only way you can judge me will be at the end of days.
Yes, we've heard too much about dreams. from the mouths and pens of people who havent really risked or put everything at stake to make that leap in the dark. Yeah its nice to read about inspirational people. And its marvelous to listen to people who say these stories. But thats all it is as long as were not willing to risk everything for that which we truly want. And I wasnt satisfied with the way I was till last week.

No comments: