Sometimes I envy the life of a computer. Like all of us it is expected to work, and like all of us, it is treated like a machine who's only job is to work! Like all of us, it gets sworn at when it isnt able to keep up with demands, with impatient fingers belonging to unstable minds nastily giving insensitive senseless command after insensitive senseless command just to mask their own frustration.
But unlike us, the computer has a time tested way of getting back at humans. It stops working with a confused look, turns deaf to all sorts of emotional arm-twisting (which its user's are deceptively too good at, anyway) feigning indifference to the user's plight (serves them right anyway, for confusing the poor thing so!)
And then Mr. User starts behaving like a gentleman, and does something he affectionately calls as CTRL+ALT+DEL. Which revokes all commands given to the computer so far, and lets it start on a new note, of course, giving it some time to rest. The less gentlemanly just switch off the computer and restart, though it serves the same purpose. Ultimately, the lesson is you cant get on the computer's nerves beyond a certain point.
Sometimes I wish I could just do a CTRL+ALT+DEL to myself too. Or a plain switch off. To be able to just retire to some invisible habitat, like an ant-lion. To sleep and never have to wake up. Or atleast to dig my head in the mud like an ostrich, and stay there in oblivion of all the happenings in the world around me!
***
A year or so ago, when I first came up with the title to this blog, I never imagined it would manifest itself as the truth. Never imagined that after all the experiences I had gone through, I would have lose the spirit to fight. Never imagined that I would ever want to give up. That I wouldnt want to go on any further.
9 comments:
aw :( . . .come on dude cheer up. ."Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!" we all have difficult times , but there is more to life than just misery. . . .Anyways being a computer would be awfully boring!!
HAPPY CTRL+ALT+DEL TO YOUUU....HAPPY CTRL+ALT+DEL TO YOU... ;).......MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE...LOL
#vishnupriya...
I know I know... till last week, I used to be careful not to spread gloom... but then i had to say this.... and Im sick of pretending to be cheered.
Anyways, Im taking a break.... Ill get back to blogging once I actually cheer up! but maybe ill update this post to tell you why exactly I ended up here!
#Vineet
well dude.... Im not sure i got u completely there.... but still for formality, and in case it doesn mean anything special, thankyou...:)
ohh good to know dat u started wid smthin new...i am dyin to do smthin new..i feel my life is stuck for ages now!!
and good to read ur blog after a long time!!!!
what do i say to that? i feel like that a lot? actually, i used to feel like that a lot. now, i just have an hangover
#shikha
oh you bet! in fact you can imagine when someone says they enjoy sitting in class... oh boy, morning 7 to 9 and evening 6 to 8 and still Ab's grinning ear to ear.. and not even sleeping in office
#Rama.
i know.... even Ill change... soon.... but i hope it wont change to just a hangover... want a solid change... i refuse to accept that life can be drab at any moment in time, which i guess s why i get so worked up so often...
#everybody else who has read this post.... Im not feeling that bad anymore... ill be back with a post in a couple of days
see, life is way too overrated. if you didnt have too many expectations it wont be as drab as it seems to be right now
hey..Good to know ur feeling better:D..And I agree with rama on lowered expectations :)
yea Ab, dint mean anything...was just fooling around!.. :D
Post a Comment